Have a question that you need an answer to? Have a request? Check out the Contact Me tab above and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

Friday, April 6, 2012

How To Get The Lenses Out Of The Vial

Hi Everyone!

I'm on a blogging spree. Seriously. Even I'm impressed.  It's currently 1:05 AM and my sleep schedule has been a little skewed thanks to the naps that I've been taking during the day and blogging has seriously been the best way to spend my time. Since no one's really awake at this time and the boyfriend is already sleeping, this blog will take away all my boredom and I'll get more posts up for you guys! Win win situation automatically.

ANYWAY, I'm digressing. I decided to do a post on how to get lenses out of vials. I know some people might think that it seems a little.. self explanatory or something really basic but hey, you never know. These are just my techniques and so the post will be short but hopefully nothing short of informative?

Before even getting the lenses out though, you might need to know how to open then lenses themselves. I've actually written a post on this, which can be found here! If you haven't opened your lenses yet then, you will probably want to do that first so GO! And then come back! :D I'll wait.

- tick tock -

You're back! Which means that you've gotten your lenses open. Woohoo! Now it's time to get started on getting your lenses out.

What I like to do is basically flip the lens over in the palm of my hand and wait for the lens to float down to the bottom. Then you want to lift up the vial and release the lens!

I also can't stress enough how you want to do this over a sink with CLEAN HANDS. You don't want to dirty your lenses before you have even started wearing them, right? 

Tada, the lenses are out! 

So now that they're out, time to pop them into your eyes and see how awesome they look, right? NO!!  STOP RIGHT THERE!

What a lot of people don't know is that the solution in the vials has higher salinity so that the lenses in the vial can have a shelf life of 3 years. This will make your eyes sting if you try to pop them in your eyes and if your eyes are sensitive, they will feel extremely painful. 

What you want to do is let them soak in regular contact lens solution overnight, for a minimum of 8 hours.



I know it's a long time to wait to try your lenses but trust me when I say it will be worth it! 

xo. Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!